I can’t remember where I heard this from or the particular person in question but it’s memorable none-the-less:
A famous speaker of the 19th Century who was not an especially large man received some kind of derogatory comment and replied something along the lines of:
“I may look small, but I’m a hundred times bigger on the inside.”
This is a great comment! Here are a few of the things I think help make us big on the inside:
– practicing thinking well of yourself
– don’t try and be great at everything
– develop a positive attitude towards mistakes & failures
– understand that you won’t get on great with everyone
– set out to enjoy every day, make friends and have fun
– remember to take pleasure in even very little victories
– give to others wherever possible. Generosity breeds happiness!
Just a few thoughts – sure you could add many more. As always, it takes practice, discipline and determination (with feedback) to embed these kinds of attitudes so they become habits – but boy is it worth the effort!